Scottish Women and Girls in Sport Week 2023 is here!
Scottish Women and Girls in Sport Week launched today and is running until Sunday 8 October. This year has kicked off with a campaign film featuring Footballer Leanne Crichton, a Scotland International Player with 72 caps, who encourages all women and girls to get involved.
Scottish Women and Girls in Sport Week 2023 Recap
The Week aims to inspire and support every woman and girl in Scotland to get active. It doesn't matter who they are or what their ability, all women and girls can get involved. It also looks to highlight the physical, mental and social benefits that getting active and participating in sport or physical activity can bring.
Campaign Social Media Film Launch
This Week, every woman and girl in Scotland is invited to join an 'unofficial' nationwide team line-up. Any women or girl can join, no matter who they are or what physical activity they do - it all counts! We want to spread the word and encourage as many women and girls across Scotland as possible to get involved.
We would really appreciate your support in sharing the film across your audiences via Active Scotland's Twitter here.
Alternatively, you can post the campaign film directly from your channels using the film and accompanying copy found via the SG Campaign Resource Centre here.
Campaign Materials and How You Can Support
In addition, there are a number of campaign assets available for you to share far and wide:
- Share the campaign messaging and editorial (found in the toolkit) newsletters, websites, social channels, intranets and more
- Use the 'I'm Active. I'm in!' Instagram filter to show your participation (available w/c 2 October)
- Reshare content from Active Scotland's Twitter page throughout the Week
- Include #SheCanSheWill when posting about the campaign
- Share the social statics and accompanying copy across your channels
- Print and display the posters in visible areas and locations with high footfall
- Circulate the WhatsApp copy (found in the toolkit) across your communities, clubs and organisations
You can access all campaign resources via the SG Campaign Resource Centre here.
Thank you very much for your support of Scottish Women and Girls in Sport Week.
If you have any questions or required assistance with the campaign materials, please do not hesitate to get in touch.