Lyme disease is still on the rise in Scotland. It is caused by being bitten by an infected tick and can be serious if not treated. To help increase awareness of tick bites and the symptoms of Lyme disease, stakeholder materials have been developed in a bid to encourage the public to take precautions when spending time outdoors this summer. Materials highlight the preventative measures that can be taken to avoid tick bites and provide advice on what to do if bitten.
- Lyme disease is on the rise in Scotland, it’s usually mild but can be serious if not treated.
- You should take measures to prevent tick bites when spending time outdoors.
- The quicker you find and remove ticks, the less likely you are to get ill.
- Lyme disease is usually easier to treat the earlier it is diagnosed.
- The most common signs of Lyme disease in its early stages include a red, circular rash on your skin and cold or flu-like symptoms such as tiredness, headaches and muscle and joint pain.
- In some cases, Lyme disease can lead to chronic fatigue, meningitis, inflammatory arthritis, and even cardiovascular complaints.
How You Can Help
- Share the static assets and accompanying copy with your audiences via your social media channels
- Print/ display/ circulate the poster in visible areas and across your networks
- Use the provided editorial in newsletters, across websites, in emails and more
- Please follow SG channels across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and re-share content
The toolkit attached includes the following:
- A4 poster
- Web banner
- Social media statics and suggested text
- Two case study films of individuals sharing their experience of Lyme disease
- Series of videos with tips from expert Professor Tom Evans
All campaign assets can be viewed and downloaded from the Campaign Resource Centre.
Please note the A4 poster is also available in additional languages and formats. Translations and alternative formats include Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Gaelic, Punjabi, Urdu, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, audio, large print and BSL.
If you have any questions on the campaign or require assistance with the assets, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
All the best,
The SG Marketing Team