March 2023 - Nature Month
Scotland is suffering from twin nature and climate crises. Nature is in crisis with 25% of our wildlife already lost and 11% of our species facing extinction.
Throughout March we are encouraging organisations in Scotland to bring employees, families, communities, customers and stakeholders into the conversation around what they can do to protect and restore nature and help tackle climate change.
How You Can Help
- Selecting and sharing social media assets across your channels, to showcase the actions your organisation is taking to protect nature and restore biodiversity. Remember to use hashtag #LetsDoNetZero.
- Following the SG Net Zero Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, and sharing/retweeting content to your channels from there.
- Volunteering with nature organisations to help restore Scotland’s beautiful outdoors, as well as promoting any of your own volunteer programmes to help encourage your audience to take climate action.
Resources To Help You
- Social Assets – We have a number of social media assets that you can use to showcase your support for protecting and restoring nature. There are also a number of Nature fact assets that can be used on social channels to spark climate conversations.
- Content Planner – The Scottish Government’s March content plan is available to help you plan re-sharing content directly from these channels. In particular, look out for and reshare our post at 11am on 21st March for International Day of Forests, and our post at 11am on 26th March for Earth Hour. Content plans are subject to change and will be regularly updated for you to view in the SG Campaign Resource Centre here.
- Climate Conversation Pack – This pack has everything you need to start a climate conversation.
- Education Resources – A series of explainer videos have been created on the topics of ‘What is Climate Change?’ and ‘What is Net Zero?’. These video resources use clear and simple language to explain these sometimes complex topics, and can be used to educate a range of ages. You can access these explainer videos via the SG Marketing Resource Centre here.
Thank you very much for your support. If you have any questions or require assistance with the assets, please get in touch.