Organ and Tissue Donation Week – 18th–24th September 2023
Organ and Tissue Donation week provides an opportunity to raise awareness of donation and remind people to make their donation decision known.
Prompting people to register their decision and discuss it with family and friends can help save and improve lives. This conversation plays an important part in helping to make it easier for families and friends to honour it. We know that families are more likely to support donation when they already know it was what their loved one wanted.
For this year’s Organ and Tissue Donation week, we’re asking for support in sharing the campaign resources to encourage people to record their decision to be a donor, or to opt out of donation.
How you can help
Using the toolkit attached and resources via the Campaign Resource centre, you and your organisation and/or community can get involved by:
- Including Organ and Tissue Donation Week social media assets and key messages across your channels.
- Sharing the case study provided across your network.
- Engaging with local press using the press release template provided.
- Taking part in Race for Recipients, either as an individual or as a team.
- Lighting up your organisations building or a building in your community pink and sharing pictures of this on your social channels with the hashtag #OrganDonationWeek.
- Following the Organ Donation Scotland Facebook page and sharing content to your channels from there.
The campaign toolkit includes:
- Campaign key messages
- Social media assets (imagery, animations and video)
- Accompanying social post copy
- Template news release
- Case study
- Editorial content
- Links to additional resources including the Organ and Tissue Donation Pink Heart graphics and illustrations.
If you have any questions on the above or require assistance with the Organ and Tissue Donation Week resources, please get in touch.
Many thanks for your support.